Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Still Waiting

Still waiting on insurance approval for my gamma globulin treatment with the new insurance. I am beginning to be worried about the lag in treatment that looks like is coming. Last week I only had 2 grams of medication to take instead of the prescribed 7 grams I should have been taking. And I still have heard nothing this week.

So today I am on four different antibiotics, but my lung function is coming back up and that is a good thing. I was also able to step down from 60 mg of steroids to the 40 mg that I usually take. That is also a good thing and my body will appreciate it. Because it has so many side effects when I have to step it up even higher such as fluid retention, high blood sugar and the ever present Thrush.

It is good to be feeling better and I am hoping to hold on to this so I can go cross country skiing this weekend. It will be the first time this year and I m really looking forward to getting out into nature. I have missed a lot of hiking and adventuring this fall. And the reality is that it really breathes life into me when I am able to get out.

So I will keep plugging away and trying to get the approval and the medications sent. I will try to keep my trip scheduled for this Saturday and I will keep working on staying moving and healthy. That is quite a bit and I think will probably keep me busy.

Which is good ... busy ... keeps me out of trouble right? .... Probably not ....

Just Connie

No comments: