Thursday, January 12, 2017

Long, Busy Day

I got up at my normal 5am time to head to my yoga class only to realize that my house was 50 degrees .. The pellet stove was not on. I quickly texted my yoga teacher and began the process of figuring out if this was something I could fix. 30 minutes later, the stove was running, I was covered in soot and  headed to the showers.

Grabbing a quick breakfast, I headed to the office for a scheduled meeting with one of my committee heads. After a great meeting I headed to the appointment with my family doctor to talk about these miserable days of throwing up I have been having that usually dump me in the hospital. The good news is that he thinks he knows what is happening. The bad news is that it is tied into the increase in steroids that always spike my blood sugar. More good news is that we might be able to mitigate it next time my steroids are raised.

From the doctors office I grabbed lunch from the deli and headed to a meeting with the other Chaplain. The meeting was a good start but we need to do it again soon. After the meeting I began tracking down our Fire Students to touch bases with them on the fatal call they were on last week. By the time I had finished up with the first couple, it was time for a meeting planning the upcoming Fire Banquet.

After that meeting, I made a pharmacy run, in the town that is just 5 miles away. I was able to get some paperwork turned in so the drug I needed could be ordered. I walked back to my car, started it ... And then watched in horror as it kept dying. It would not idle. I texted the Fire Chief and asked if he had any suggestions .... So he sent my friend Cliff to take a look. Who was actually able to  get it started and headed back to the Fire Station. Upon my arrival there I made a service appt at the auto shop for Monday. Sigh ...

Finishing that I ran to the gas station for deli food for dinner because I had just a little time before my Fire Board meeting. Finishing my dinner I found time to talk with another one of our students before I headed in for the meeting.

As the meeting was finishing up, I got a text from my doctor offering me a massage to help with all the muscle spasms from the dehydration. So after the meeting I drive through the snow and the ice and met him for a massage. It was an incredible way to end a very long day.

Now I am home, relaxed and headed to bed ....

So good to have some energy again.

Just Connie

No comments: