Sunday, January 29, 2017

Ski Trip

Busy weekend! My friend and I headed cross country skiing Saturday. It was a beautiful day on the mountain, mild weather and bright sun, with great snow. I knew I was fighting fatigue since it was only two days after treatment, but I have to admit that I was pretty disappointed in my stamina. I found myself tiring quickly and getting very short of breath. I skied a loop of a mile or so and then went and sat at the lodge for a while, sending my friend to go and ski on her own for a while. Then I skied s loop of another  mile or so and went and rested again. I am very glad I went but so wish that I had a little more oomph for the day.

After skiing we headed back to McMinville and had dinner at one of our favorite restaurants. I was dismayed when dinner did not stay down and so blessed by the help of my friend. I waited a bit and then headed quickly back home. It was an uncomfortable trip that I was very thankful to have over with. I would really like to find a way to so be these miserable days I call my throw up days. Dr tells me it is a side effect of the high blood sugar. All I can say is that I do not like it!

However, with all of that, tomorrow is treatment and I know that it is another step towards healing and health. That is a very good thing, it is just at time I wish the process was easier.

Just Connie

No comments: