Friday, January 6, 2017

Another Step Forward

As I have journeyed through the last few years, I have learned a lot. I have learned that not every doctor is right for me. I have learned to not get discouraged by a lack of progress (mostly) and I have learned to partner with those who are invested in my well being.

Some of those partners are my family physician, my fellow fire department colleagues and of course my prayer support. It is not always easy to accept help or to be completely honest about the pronouns or what I am feeling and experiencing. But I have found that in a lack of information people fill in the blanks and not always with anything close to the truth. So I try to publically share updates and information on a regular basis.

Out of that public sharing has come some incredible help, because they knew of a need. Accepting help has been often challenging but good for me and good for the giver as well. When I stop to analyze it, I do not want to rob someone of the blessing of giving. I know the joy I get in helping people.

I am convinced that there is still a lot for me to learn as I journey through this. I believe there will be ups and downs and that I will not always enjoy the process of learning. But I also believe that there are good things  ahead. Things that will strengthen and improve me. Things that will continue to transform my heart and life.

Just another step forward....

Just Connie

No comments: