Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Uncooperative Body

I have complained before that my body does not always cooperate and do what I expect or want it to do. Today was one of those days for me. I woke up feeling fairly well and got ready for the Chamber of Commerce meeting in spite of the 6 inches of snow. I was doing my normal taking minutes stuff when I began getting sick. Soon I was dashing to the restroom to rid myself of the little breakfast I had eaten. Somehow finishing the meeting without publically humiliating myself I drove myself home and put myself to bed as I tried to stay hydrated. I texted my doctor to give him a heads up I was throwing up again, who texted me back that I knew the drill ... I needed to go to the ER if it did not stop soon.

So for the rest of the day I fought nausea and tried to keep myself hydrated in spite of what my body was doing. When my doctor texted me later to check on me, I had actually stopped throwing up but was somewhat dehydrated. I told him I was pounding down the sugar free Gatorade and working hard on rehydrating ... So I was able to skip a trip to the ER for hydration.

But why oh why ... Am I struggling with this on non treatment days? 4 days after treatment? They say it is a systemic reaction .... But I really do not like getting hit with this so suddenly out of the blue. It stole a whole day from me, yet again ...and narrowly missed sending me to the hospital again.

All I can say is argggggghhhhhhhh!

Just Connie

No comments: