Tuesday, December 1, 2009

I drove to Portland today for a conference with dad's doctors, nurses and therapists. It was a wonderful opportunity to sit in on his therapy session and see for myself how he is improving every day. The conference was a chance for dad's medical team and family members to address any concerns and go over his progress.

If Dad continues as well as he is doing now, he will probably be released next Tuesday. What an incredible miracle that is. He has come so far in three weeks. He still has a long road ahead of him, but I have no doubt that he will come back all the way.

So next week will start a whole new chapter for the family. I think it will be challenging for everyone especially for my mother. But I think the family will gather around and do what they can to help. I will go and spend the first few days with them to lend a hand and help.

Dad's recovery is truly a miracle and I am so thankful.

"He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed and miracle that cannot be counted." Job 5:9

No comments: