Saturday, October 8, 2011

Aldersgate Work Day

For the second day in a row I worked with the Men's Ministry group. Today we were working at Aldersgate which is our denomination retreat and camp. My job was splitting wood. Specifically to load the log splitter. I  have some observations after spending the day hauling and splitting logs.

Observation #1
I am waaaaaay out of shape. I was tired after the first 30 minutes. After 6 hours I was the walking dead.

Observation #2
Logs get heavier in the afternoon. I think there is a mathematical scientific fact to prove that the same logs you were tossing around at 10:00 in the morning are twice as heavy at 2:00 in the afternoon.

Observation #3
Hard work, with friends is a lot of fun.

The bottom line is that going and helping at Aldersgate is always a blessing. It is good to be together, good to break out of the routine and good to work hard.

So today I worked hard and  .... it was good.

Just Connie

No comments: