Friday, October 7, 2011

Insulating Thoughts

I worked with the Men's Ministry group today. That is not unusual I am usually in the midst of any project they have going. Today's project was a little different .... it was for me! The guys decided last year that they were going to insulate my house and today was the day.

I got up at 6:00 and headed into Mac to pick up the materials and the blower. We loaded everything into two pickups and then headed back home to get  started. I have never blown in insulation before. It comes in big bales and goes into a machine that grinds it up and then is blown into the areas needing insulation. That sounds very easy.

The reality turned out to be a little different than that. First of all, the first 10 bales are fairly light. The next 40 get progressively heavier. (I think it is a little known scientific fact) Secondly, when you break up the bales and mix them into the hopper, it creates a cloud of fluff. That "fluff" is a direct attack of Satan on an unsuspecting world. It gets everywhere! Every hair is perfectly frosted and nose and eyes are caked within minutes. I spent almost as much time laughing at my frosted fellow workers as I did in coughing and hacking.

But finally, the last bale went in and we were done. So now my house is insulated and I have some cleanup to do beginning with me and then the house.

I guess I am lucky there were no cameras today.

Just Connie

No comments: