Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween 2011

My feet hurt, my head hurts and I am achy tired .... no way past  tired. I am beat ... exhausted. But it has been a great night.

Tonight was Halloween. We have a community event called Trunk or Treat. Area businesses set up around the park and pass out candy. I started my evening there at the park. It was clear and cold and I was bundled up and still cold, cold, cold. We passed out candy to over 500 children in the first hour. We also passed out flyers to let everyone know about the free carnival at the church. But the time we had closed down at the park and headed to the church, the church was wall to wall people.

So for the next couple of hours I ran and laughed and greeted people. I played games and cleaned up messes. Now the event is over. It was a rousing success. Everyone seemed to have a wonderful time. The mess is mostly cleaned up and the day is finished.

Now I just need to find the aspirin ....

Just Connie

No comments: