Saturday, October 22, 2011

Mom's Visit Day 3

Today started off busy. I had to be at the church early to preach at the regional quiz meet. I enjoyed my time with the kids. I am so thankful for people who minister faithfully to our youth and share the joy of God's Word in such a meaningful way.

I headed home afterwards and spent a couple of hours with mom watching old movies and playing games. Then we headed down to the Willamina Museum and I showed mom the joys of a small town museum and history. It is such a wonderful museum and I love spending time there.

We have spent the rest of the day quietly. Just relaxing and enjoying our time together. No great plans ... just lots of conversation and lots of laughter. Pretty soon I will head to bed and get ready for the normal Sunday frenzy.

I have to say that I wish I had more time with my mother. I love being with her. I love her wit and her humor and her unfailing love and support. How could I not love that?

Just Connie

No comments: