Monday, October 24, 2011

The Group

I met with one of my community groups tonight. We had dinner and then went over the progress of our project. Everything is moving ahead and our leaders are very pleased with us.  It was good to know that we were doing a good job and some very positive things have been happening. But the very best thing thing that happened was that people lingered after the meeting and we just sat and talked ... and laughed and laughed and laughed.

I really like these people. We all come from such different walks of life and backgrounds, yet I have come to love our differences and the unique nature of every one of them. I realized as I was driving home that I was still smiling. That is a pretty good feeling.

I realized as I thought about it that tonight is not a rare event for most of my meetings. There is plenty of laughter and love in all of my groups.  I am very grateful for what these groups and these people add into my life. I think things would be pretty empty and lonely without them.

This is a good reminder that I am blessed in such wonderful and unexpected ways.

Just Connie

No comments: