Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Mystery

I struggled into the church with my laptop, briefcase, backpack, purse and stack of materials from my Chamber of Commerce meeting. I stood at my office door trying to get my key in the lock without putting anything down. As the door swung open I looked with disbelief at the door frame. Letting my bags and books drop to the floor I ran my hand over the broken and splintered wood. As I tried to make sense of what I was seeing, someone looked over my shoulder and said, "Hey someone tried to break into your office".


And that was the moment that my day grew a life of its own. Suddenly there were searches that had to be done, facility people to call and police reports to file. Through it all I kept trying to make sense of what had happened. Someone had gained access to the church and sometime between 3:00 yesterday and 9:00 this morning kicked in my office door. They took nothing, caused no other damage. Even the deputy was at a loss to explain what had happened.

Though he did ask me about former employees .... once I stopped giggling I did tell him I did not think the former pastor or the 80 year old former secretary had kicked my door in.

I don't know perhaps I should check on what the former pastor was doing last night .... Nah.....I really would think he would have used his key instead.

Just Connie

No comments: