Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The Seeds of Change

I spent time with two old friends today. 2 years ago they were an integral part of my life. One of them was my assistant at the Mission. We worked together every day, laughed, cried and shared our lives. The other was the wife of my associate pastor. We worshipped, taught and shepherded the flock together. Now our lives are spread across the country from each other.


As I drove home I reflected on how life changes and moves in directions that we never could have foreseen. Three years ago I was working at the Mission and could not imagine being anywhere else.  I was also pastoring a church in Gladstone and thrilled to be back in the pastorate. I was happy and content with my life.

And yet changes came, some changes I welcomed, but other changes brought me pain and confusion. But in those changes were the seeds of something amazing. A brand new chapter was being written. Perhaps not the one I was expecting, but something new and wonderful.

In those seeds of change are all the potential for the future. It makes me wonder why I so often fight against it.

Just Connie

No comments: