Friday, October 14, 2011

Roof Work - Day 3

Today, I woke up tired .... and sore. but the more I moved around the better I felt. So I packed up and headed back to the roofing project. I spent the morning ripping out old nails, hauling debris and running up and down the ladder. And then .... it started to rain.

However the work was there and we carried on. As the day went on I found myself moving slower and slower. As I slowly moved down the roofline pulling old nails out of the eaves I noticed that it was taking longer and longer to get up and down from my knees.

When we finally called it quits for the day, I was down right glad to be heading home. This project is wonderful and I love working with people who have a heart to serve. But my body does not always hold up as well as I would like it to. In fact I think someone traded my body in for a much older model.

I wonder if I can prosecute?

Just Connie

No comments: