Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Firefighting

The fire started before I even realized it. I turned around and there it was! For pastors more days than you can imagine are spent putting out fires. Sometimes you can look out and see that the fire has the potential to be very damaging. Other times they are smoldering. Some of today's fires had the potential to spread into large fires.

Today's fires are out and I know that there will be more in the days ahead. It is in the nature of people to start fires and  pastors are called to put them out. So tonight I will rest and prepare for the next one. I will pray and study and try to be ready for the next conflagration. With all of this firefighting how come I never get to slide down the pole?


"Snatch others from the fire and save them" Jude 1:23


Just Connie

No comments: