Sunday, May 23, 2010

Today's Announcement

Today was the big announcement. The date has been set for the pastoral transition. I am being installed as the Senior Pastor on June 27th.  We have talked to the pastor's cabinet and the church board and today it was announced at the Annual Meeting. No one got up and walked out and that is a good sign.

I am just beginning to let myself get excited. In one month I will be back in full time pastoral ministry. I have to admit that I have really missed it. I am reminded that when I first met Gary he asked me if I had my dream job what would I do? to my surprised I found myself tearing up as I said, "All I have ever wanted to be was a pastor." Now that calling is about to be fulfilled.

I think that this next month will pass slower than I expect as I wait for this final transition. I am trying to get my lists together and things laid out so they are ready to go.... because I am ready to go. I am ready to follow the call.  Ready .... ready .... ready!

"Remind the people ... to be obedient, to be ready to do whatever is good" Titus 3:1


Just Connie

1 comment:

bmarquez said...

That is wonderful Connie. God is so good.