Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Transitions

Transitions .... it is a politic word for "uncomfortable, shifting morass". I have been in a transition this last year and a half. Here are some of the transitions I have been hiking through.
  • Married to Separated
  • Separated to Divorced
  • Senior Pastor to Associate Pastor
  • Rescue Ministry to Church Ministry
  • Associate Pastor to Senior Pastor
Any one of these would be enough of a transition all on it's own, but all together it truly is an "uncomfortable, shifting morass." As I have maneuvered through I have sometimes felt the ground shift beneath me. There have been days that all I could do was cling to the ground and wait for the heaving to stop.

Now a year and a half later some of these transitions are done. Some are in process and some are just beginning. I guess that is the nature of life. It changes, it twists and turns and it is often unexpected.It is good to remember life changes, God does not. 


"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." James 1:17


Just Connie