Monday, May 31, 2010

Working on Family

Busy, busy day yesterday ... good but busy. I taught my Sunday School class and preached. Then I ran home picked up the dogs and drove to Salem to pick up my son and his family. Then we headed up to Burlington for a family Bar-be-que.

It was so good to be with the family. I miss them and I do not often get the opportunity to spend much time with them. It was also good to spend time with my son and his new baby. I spent as much time as I could playing with the baby. But he is currently in the stage of stranger anxiety and he does not know me. So he did not often let me hold him. But I will keep trying.

Before I knew it was time to head back to Salem to drop everyone off. I drug in the door about 10:30 and was very ready for bed. But it was so worth it. I am very fortunate for my gift of family and I miss the feeling of being part of a family unit a lot.

I guess really it is a reminder to me to keep working on my family relationships. Because that sense of family is integral who who I am. What is easy and comfortable is not always what is best. I need them and they need me. I think I will keep working on it.

Just Connie

No comments: