Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A Normal Day

It has been a full day. I headed to the office where I struggled with the phones and Internet being down most of the day. Arrrgggh! It is amazing how many things I do that need the Internet. I want my on line bible research, not to mention Facebook. Then I had a staff meeting. It is our chance to sit and talk through our calendars and make plans. I went from that meeting straight to my Ministerial Association Meeting. I really enjoy meeting with the other pastors from my community and hearing what is going on at their churches.

After I wrapped things up I began to pack up to head home, but had to make a detour to help out a family who needed some help. I really enjoy the chance to offer meaningful help. So much of what pastors do cannot be measured, but bringing food to a hungry family to tangible and satisfying.

When I got home, I got back to work on the yard. This streak of good weather is a rare opportunity to get some of the rampant overgrowth chased back. I am enjoying how things are beginning to look. I worked till it was time to head back to the church for prayer meeting.

After prayer I headed to friends house to have ice cream with them so I could meeting their visiting relatives. I spent a relaxing hour just chatting and enjoying them. I finally came home about 10:00.

It has been a long day, but a very normal day. it was full of activity and not a lot to show for it. But I have to admit there is satisfaction in spite of it. It is just good to be in ministry. To have a place to serve is an incredible honor. I am thrilled at this opportunity. It will be interesting to see what God does in the months ahead.

Just Connie

No comments: