Friday, May 21, 2010

Old Friends

Back in my Nazarene life, I had many pastoral friends. But after moving to Rescue Ministry I lost contact with all of my fellow pastors. About a year and a half ago I reconnected with Ray, one of my pastoral buddies and his wife on Facebook. We usually chat several times a day about what is going on in our lives. It has been nice to have pastoral perspective and camaraderie as I maneuver through the ups and downs of every day life and ministry.

Today I got to have lunch with Ray. It has been almost 15 years since we had seen each other, It was wonderful to see him. I could feel the years drop away as we caught up with each other. We talked and talked and the time went all too quickly. The only thing that would have made our time better is if his wife could have been with him on the trip.

I am thankful for not only the time I got to spend with Ray, but I am thankful for our friendship. For the honesty and openness that makes this friendship rich and wonderful. It is good to have friends. In fact it is cause for celebration.

Just Connie

No comments: