Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Grandson Hayden

I saw my grandson today. It is only the second time I have seen him. He is now 4 months old and as cute as a button. It was so much fun to see him. He is turning over and doing all of the things a 4 month old baby should be doing.

As I held him and gazed into his eyes I could not help but think of the hours I held his father in just the same way. The years seemed to melt away as I smoothed his hair and bounced him on my knee.

I am so hopeful that I will be able to forge a relationship with this new young life. I want him to grow up knowing me the way that I knew my grandparents. They were so important in my life and I am so thankful for the time I was able to spend with them.

So in the days ahead I will pray a lot and love lavishly whenever and however I am given opportunity. I thinking loving is something I fully equipped to do.

Just Connie

No comments: