Saturday, May 22, 2010

Friendship Thoughts

This has been a week of celebrating friendships. Tonight I met with good friends that I have really missed over the past year. I worked with them at the Mission. they were part of my everyday life for so long. Over the years we had developed the habit of celebrating our birthdays together. We would often go out to lunch and just laugh and enjoy each other.

Today was Chuck’s birthday and we gathered for dinner and movies. First of all it was so very good to see them. To be with people who have laughed and cried with me over the years. They are people that have stuck with me through the good and the bad and all the stuff in between. Just to see them brought great joy to me.

We did not do anything earth shattering. We ate and we watched movies, but more importantly we affirmed our love for each other and laughed. We teased and we talked. We caught up on what our lives have done over the past year. It was a wonderful precious time and I am very grateful for it.

As I look at the friendships that I have celebrated this week it has been amazing. Some are friendships that have spanned decades and are being renewed, some are new but very special and important. All of them bring something unique into my life. It truly is a wonderful …. this gift of love. It flows into us, changes us and flows through us and changes others. I am so thankful for the people who have changed me this week.

“but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.” 1 John 4:12

Just Connie

No comments: