Sunday, January 26, 2014

Annual Society Meeting

Today was our Annual Meeting at church. Annual meeting is a time to take a look back and then a look ahead as well as church elections for the year. Our Annual Meetings usually do not last very long and have never been contentious or difficult.


Today I had something important that I wanted to talk to them about. I needed to get them thinking about the necessity of adding onto the church. The discussion went very well and I will be setting a date for our first brain storming session. We want to explore all of our options as we look to the future.


I have to admit that this is not something I would have chosen to be doing. I have never been one of those "building pastors". I have always considered myself a teaching pastor, but the reality is that we are completely out of space. We have to find a way to address our space problems. We need short term solutions and we need a long term solution.


Even though this is not something I would have chosen I can see the value and the need of doing it. So over the next few months we will be dreaming and planning. I have a feeling that it will be an interesting time for all of us.


Doesn't that sound like one of those pastoral euphemisms for challenging and difficult?


Just Connie

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You know, Connie. I look at this as a blessing. If you are growing, then God is using you in a very special way. The road to the cross is never an easy one. You know that better than anyone. But you have arrived. From where I sit, I see the finished product of the potters wheel. Gleaming,valuable, precious. Being used by God. And you are happier than I have ever seen you. I will keep you in my prayers;excited to see God's wonderful plan expanding in your life.