Monday, January 20, 2014

Crab Trip

I recently took  a trip with friends to do something I had never done. I went crabbing! I woke up early on a frosty foggy January morning. I bundled up in multiple layers, packed my lunch and headed out to meet my friends.

When we got to the beach we were amazed to find the sun shining and no wind. As we unpacked and hiked down to the docks I marveled at the incredible beautiful weather.

Over the next 4 hours we threw crab pots in, pulled crab pots out and measured countless crabs. In between we sat and enjoyed the beautiful view and the entertaining marine life.





In the end we had 10 keeper crabs. Tired and happy we headed home to cook, crack and eat our crab haul. I came home content and realizing anew how much I appreciate being taken into people's lives and families. Friendship is a beautiful thing when you truly experience it.
I am thankful for these moments which lightens and unites our hearts. It brings beauty and peace and the reality of God;s love for us to life.

Just Connie



No comments: