Sunday, January 5, 2014

Busy Sunday

Busy, busy Sunday. I love Sundays but they are usually very full and very busy and today was definitely that.

I taught my adult Sunday School class which is always fun. I love the discussion and the variety of perspectives. it always challenges me and I leave the class smiling and blessed. From there it was time to step into morning worship. Today I had a whole row of little girls sitting with me. That meant we danced through worship and I laughed and smiled as I watched them love Jesus.

It felt so good to be back in the pulpit today. I was only out one week but it felt like so much longer. There is something about standing before God's people and sharing the Word that humbles, blesses and stretches me. Today was like that. We laughed and shared together as God spoke to our hearts.

Following worship I had a short counseling session and then it was right into a long meeting. From there I ran home, changed my clothes and let the doggies out. By then it was time to head back to the church for the de-decorating. We had three families show up and amazingly it only took us an hour to take everything down and take it up in the attic. We wrapped the evening up by driving into Sheridan for dinner and ice cream. We laughed and just enjoyed being together.

Now I am sitting curled up in front of the fire, enjoying some quiet time with the dogs curled up beside me. It was a good day, a full day that is a pretty good representation of what it means to be a pastor on a Sunday.

I have to say I love my job, I love these people ... I feel full and blessed .... and grateful.

Just Connie

No comments: