Monday, January 13, 2014

I am a Believer

I am a believer in small government. I believe in personal freedom to choose even when it might not be smart. I believe that everyone should wear a seatbelt, but I believe that there should not be a law forcing you to wear one. I am often frightened by the erosion of personal rights.


With that being said, I will also share that I do not like "The Affordable Care Act". I do not think health care should be legislated or taken over by the government. I do not see the possibility for this program to succeed and I expect it to fail.


I do not believe in this program but today I signed up because for the last 5 years I have not had any health care coverage. Trying to make ends meet while finding a way to get meds and see the doctor has been a stiff challenge ... especially last year. I spent thousands of dollars on medical needs last year and there were some treatments that I opted out of because I just could not afford it.


Beginning February 1st I will have Health Insurance. That is rather amazing since I have been considered uninsurable. Suddenly I have insurance and I will be able to take care of some the issues that I have put off over the past 5 years.


I am not sure that I will have insurance longer than a year, but for this year it looks like I am covered. I am grateful but I have to say that I still do not agree with the program. There is no way that it can succeed financially and I honestly think that this Act might be the straw that broke the camels back. Perhaps we will begin to say .... this is enough .... no more!


But while I wait for that day, I remain compliant to the law .... and I have insurance! And that is something to celebrate.


Just Connie

No comments: