Thursday, January 16, 2014

Beautiful Afternoon

Mid January and today was .... beautiful! After weeks of bitter cold, wild storms and normal winter freezes we had a beautiful bright and sunny day. In fact I woke up to our normal overnight freeze but was shocked when the afternoon warmed up, the sun came out of the fog and the sun shone bright.



With a 60 degree sunny day calling my name, my son and I packed up the fishing poles and headed to local farm pond. To be honest ... I never unpacked my fishing pole, I sat in the sun and read a book.




As I sat there I could feel the peace and beauty fill and smooth the stressed and jagged spots within me. The misty hills, the quiet reflections in the pond and of course the lowing of the cattle in the background ... all of it spoke peace to my heart.



Today reminded me of how important these quiet moments are to my heart,  health and well being. I need to take the time to soak in more of these moments.



Somehow .... someway ....



Just Connie

No comments: