Friday, January 31, 2014

Moments in Time

I heard someone today use the phrase "Moment in Time", That phrase has stuck with me, It has made me reflect on the snapshots of life that I have tucked away... those "Moments in Time". For instance most of those in my generation can remember in great detail what we were doing when we heard President Kennedy had been killed. I was in grade school and we were in the lunch room. I can remember the teachers crying, I remember the smell of the food ... that moment is forever frozen in time for me.


Some of those moments I have tucked away in my mind are not pleasant, some of them are joyful,  some are of every day life and some are of those special moments. Some of those moments I wonder why I have filed it so carefully away. As I have pondered those moments it made me wonder about the moments other people have filed away, Do they ever take those moments out and examine them, study them ... learn from them?


Because I hope that these are not empty memories for me. I hope that these "Moments in Time" lead me to new understanding, lead me to not make the same mistakes and overall make me a better person. I also want the moments I store away in the days ahead to be snapshots of a life lived well, a life of love and faithfulness.


I think ... I have a lot of pictures left to store away.


Just Connie