Monday, January 27, 2014

Hope Puppy Thoughts

I got ready for bed last night tired after a long day. This is what I found when I walked into the bedroom. Hope Puppy curled up for the night with her head on the pillows. My companion and friend had gotten tired of waiting for me and went to bed without me.

This morning I took her with me to the office as I often do during the week. She curls up with the squeaky toy I keep there. In fact she lays under my desk while I working on my sermon and does, "Squuuueeeak,  Squuuueeeak, Squuuueeeak!" Believe it or not I have learned to tune it out. The relaly entertaining times is when I am talking on the phone. Because she knows since it is just she and I in the office, I must be talking to her. She gets so excited and immediately comes and drops her squeaky toy in my lap. Her drippy, drooly squeaky toy ... it is no wonder I always have dirty spots on my pants.

On my way home, I stopped by to talk to my treasurer at his nearby business. He is one of Hope's favorite toys so of course she had to go in with me to see him. She not only talked him into throwing her toy, but she convinced every customer and driver who came in as well.


Hope Puppy is so funny and so much company. She keeps me laughing and showers me with unconditional love. I am so very thankful for her and for the joy and love she brings into my life.

I only wish I could clone her and give one of her to everyone. Though I have a feeling that the world would not have enough squeaky toys for a world full of Hope Puppies.

it would be a good problem to have ....

Just Connie

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cloning her would be wonderful. I would take one for sure. I love the fact that she is with you. A little security, perhaps for both of you.