Monday, January 6, 2014

Tomorrow's Service

One of the many things I have loved about this pastorate is that I get many opportunities to serve in a variety of ways. I have worked on roofs, cut wood, operated a hydraulic splitter, cut down a tree and a host of other things I have never done before.


Tomorrow I take a crew over to the Grand Ronde Nazarene Church to help them repair the parsonage. It is a chance to come alongside our brothers and sisters in Christ and encourage and help. So tomorrow I will pack up my tools and head out to meet the others.


Serving in this very real tangible ways is very satisfying to me. It reminds me what ministry is all about and encourages me to get out from behind my desk. I think it also offers the chance for others to come and help that would not otherwise get a chance or know about the chance to help. I think it also serves as a model of the service God calls all of us to.


Tomorrow will be a wonderful time, a tiring time and a transformational time.


You can't ask for a better day than that.


Just Connie

No comments: