Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Dog Walk

I went on a walk today. Let me restate that. I went on a walk today with BOTH dogs! I have been walking the dogs one at a time while I am training Hope Puppy. Today was the big day, walking them both together.

I have to say that it went much better than I was expecting it to for our first walk. Hope walked where she was supposed to and did not weave around or crawl all over Charlie which is really what I expected her to do. She walked like a champ. The only time I had to correct her is when we stopped or when we passed someone else. Because at those points she knew that it was time to play.

So today the girls and I walked in the sunshine and enjoyed the smell of fresh mown grass. We stood in the dappled sunlight and watched the fruit blossoms swirl in the breeze around us. We stood wrapped in the beauty of a fresh spring day.

I was thankful as I stood there today. Thankful for sunshine, thankful for my doggie friends, thankful for the peaceful afternoon. And thankful is a very good thing.

"Let the peace of Christ rule in your heart ... and be thankful" Colossians 3:15

Just Connie

No comments: