Monday, March 15, 2010

Playful Puppy

I am watching Hope puppy careen around the family room. She has a squeaky toy and is tossing it up in the air and tossing it in the air. She then jumps and pounces on it like a kitten. Well like a 400 pound kitten. She hits it with the force of a scud missile. She jumps up and down on it with her front paws and makes it squeak like mad. Then she starts all over again.

It is good that there is not much she can damage in this room. Because the only thing on her mind is that toy and nothing .... nothing will stand in her way. Not me, not furniture, not even my sheepdog Charlie can slow her down. She runs over the top of all of us. It is impossible to be angry with her. She is having a wonderful time.

I think I need to learn to play with that kind of abandon. It would probably be very good for me. Because in honesty I do not think I take enough time to just play. I am trying to spend time everyday playing with Hope puppy and that has been good. But I think I also need to play for just me. I need to play for the sheer joy of playing. I have a feeling that it will not be as easy as Hope puppy makes it look.

"The city streets will be filled with boys and girls playing there" Zechariah 8:5

Just Connie

No comments: