Monday, March 1, 2010

Transitions

I do not think I like transitions very much. I have been in a time of transition for the past year. I have found this time to be uncomfortable and sometimes downright painful. It is rather like wearing my shoes on the wrong feet. Nothing seems to fit quite right. And my feet always seem to be pointing in the wrong direction.

I keep waiting for the moment that I will wake up and realize that the transition is over and life has fallen back into understandable patterns and routines once again. But that moment has not yet arrived and here I am still transitioning.

So as I stand here with my shoes on the wrong feet, what do I do? How do I walk through this time of transition without doing permanent damage to myself? I think there are some things I need that will help me emerge on the other side.

  • I need the right focus. I need to focus on Christ and what he is calling me to do.
  • I need love. God's love, my families love and my friend's love.
  • I need ministry. To serve, to teach and to preach.
  • I need laughter. To laugh at life, my pets and even myself.

These things will help me through the transition. The day will come when my shoes will be on the right feet and I can walk the path ahead without pain.

"Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you. My flesh and heart may fail but god is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalm 73:25-26

Just Connie

No comments: