Sunday, March 7, 2010

Sunday Thoughts

I have been on the run all week. I have had meetings and appointments, commitments and .... well the list just goes on and on. I find that tonight I am tired. I did not get much done around the house but I was on the go the whole weekend. I am only just now back home and trying to get things laid out for another week.

Now I am sitting in the chair and reflecting back over the day with a vague feeling of discouragement hovering around me. I really do not like this transitional time that I am in. It has gone on much longer than I thought it would. I do not seem to be moving ahead at all.

I am telling myself that this feeling of discouragement stems from being tired at the end of a very long week. That is probably true, but emotionally it is not what I am feeling. I am feeling alone, uncared for and rather useless to be honest.

Once again this is where faith must come to the forefront. Faith is what will give me strength to get out of bed tomorrow and do my best. Faith is what gives me knowledge that God loves me, regardless of my fluctuating emotions. Faith is what gives me the courage to live and love as God calls me to. I guess faith is not so much about what I "feel" as what I live.

"We live by faith, not by sight" 2 Corinthians 5:7

Just Connie

1 comment:

Carol Van Atta, Princess Warrior said...

Love your closing comment on faith. I needed that reminder myself. I'm in Oregon as well. In fact, I spoke at the Free Methodist's Women's retreat several years ago. I know Carolyn and a number of the ladies at East Side Free Methodist in Portland. Blessings to you, sister!

Carol