Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Update on Dad

Well Dad is home tonight. I am very thankful that he is no longer in the hospital. They diagnosed him as having had a small stroke from a blood clot. He is improving and doing better. I am very grateful for that.

It is hard to see him struggle. He has been such a strong, fit and vital man all of my life. These last 6 months have been a bit like visiting a foreign country. The language is hard to understand (have you tried speaking medical jargon with the doctors?) the customs are bizarre and all of it just seems kind of wrong.

I have to admit that I am grieved over the changes I see in my father. I am thankful that he is with us and grateful for everyday we are given with him, but I grieve over what has been lost. I am praying that this latest problem with not derail the progress he has made in the past months.

So grieved, grateful and praying ... I guess that sounds a lot like life.

"Hear the cry and the prayer that your servant is praying in your presence ont his day" 1 Kings 8:28

Just Connie

No comments: