Thursday, March 11, 2010

Mom's Visit - Day 2

Well the party got off to a good start today. Mom and I headed into town and went computer shopping. We found her a nice laptop at the second store we tried. Then we headed to Great Wall for some great Chinese food. We really enjoyed it and probably ate much more than we should have, but it just all tasted so very good.

After lunch we headed home and unpacked her computer, got her online and registered. Then I turned the laptop over to her and she has been facebooking ever since. It is rather fun to have someone else in the house on the computer. I have been showing her some little tricks and trying to answer any questions she might have. I think she will love this laptop when we have finally restored her favorites and the other things that she needs. It is nice to have her online and participating in our games and foolishness.

It is wonderful to have loving company for a few days. I forget how quiet and empty the house is most of the time. As much as I savor this opportunity, I wonder if things will be pretty lonely when she goes home. But I am not going to go there tonight. I am just going to savor the gift of time that God has given us.

Know therefore that the Lord your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commands." Deuteronomy 7:9

Just Connie

No comments: