Thursday, March 4, 2010

Long Day, Good Day

I spent the day with my friend's Mary & Clair celebrating Mary's birthday. I am really glad that I decided to break out of my routine and do so. I think it was what I needed to help shake off the "funk" I had been in. We left Willamina about 8:30 this morning and headed all the way to Portland.

In Portland, we spent the day puttering around the Sellwood Antique District. It was relaxing and we saw some really interesting things. Mary bought me a wonderful old cigar mold which I am planning on using for a shelf in my family room. It is really interesting and I love it. I also found a vintage kitchen scale in immaculate condition which I bought because I love it, but I also really needed it.

We spent the day laughing and just enjoying each other. We met some of their family in Newberg and enjoyed a family dinner and then stopped in McMinnville to get coffee and take a run through the Goodwill store.

So here it is, the end of a long day, but a good day. I am glad to be home tonight, but I am so glad for the day with friends. It lifted my spirits and reminded me that there are people who love me. Laughter is good, but I think that friends are even better.

"Our mouths were filled with laughter and our tongues with songs of joy" Psalm 126:2

Just Connie

No comments: