Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Puppy Obsession

Hope puppy has an obsession. It is an all consuming obsession. Her day revolves around this obsession. Her obsession is DRIVING ME CRAZY!

Hope's obsession is with balls. She loves them. She loves to chase them, she loves to catch them, she loves balls. She carries one with her everywhere she goes. Where her obsession begins to just be downright annoying is that she wants you to "throw the ball". She will drop the ball on my lap and stand there saying, Throw the ball, throw the ball, throw the ball, throw the ball". She does this over and over and over again. Every step you take is with Hope dropping a ball between your feet. While I type this she keeps dropping a ball covered in dog drool on the keyboard, "Throw the ball, throw the ball, throw the ball."

I am trying to teach her a new command "Leave it!". I have to admit that she does not really have this new command down yet. But at least she is not barking incessantly at me anymore to "throw the ball". I just need to hang in there until she learns a bit more.

In watching Hope there are lessons for me. What are my obsessions? Am I driving anyone crazy? Is God ever telling me to "Leave it". Those questions need to stay before me. I have to admit that Hope is teaching me more than I am probably teaching her.

I wonder what I will learn tomorrow?

"He will roll you up tightly like a ball and throw you into a large country" Isaiah 22:18

Just Connie

No comments: