Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Auction Temptation

I went to an auction today. One of the men from church knows that I am looking for flooring for the family room and suggested I go with him. So I dutifully measured the room and figured out the square footage. And we loaded up the horse trailer and headed for Woodburn.

The Woodburn Auction has a little bit of everything. There is livestock and household goods, building supplies and even machinery. You never know exactly what they will have. Today, I quickly found out they did not have flooring. That was a bit disappointing but there was too much to look at to feel bad.

My favorite by far was the animals. I fell in love with a huge grey chinchilla rabbit. Bubba came very close to having a room mate. But I did not succumb to the temptation. Then I headed over to the livestock barn because the man I went with was looking for a bull. So we looked at all the livestock and picked out some likely looking guys and then headed to the auction floor.

The very first lot they brought out was 5 baby pygmy goats. They were so cute. I could have tossed them all in my Rav 4 and taken them home with me. Trying to resist the temptation to bid was the second big temptation of the day. Temptation number three arrived soon after when a beautiful buckskin horse was brought in. It was a calm sound young mare and the bids topped at at $65. Oh that was a pretty horse. But I took a deep breath and remembered that there was no way that I could explain away a horse in my backyard to my neighbor.

So I withstood temptation and came home without a bunny, a herd of goats or a horse. Sigh ...... perhaps at the next Auction I should throw a Bunny carrier in the back of the car?

Just Connie

No comments: