Saturday, June 26, 2010

Countdown - 1 Day to Go!

Today I stood before the other pastors and delegates as I was officially appointed as the senior pastor of the Willamina Free Methodist Church. It was a good feeling and as I stood there I was humbled at what God was doing.

I also admit there was a feeling of relief that this transition time was almost over. I found it challenging in many ways to step back into the role of an associate. It was awkward in ways that were unexpected and sometimes painful. And in these last days I am struggling to let it be peaceful. Though too often I do not find that peace easy to capture. In fact it is rather like trying to nail jello to the wall.

But tomorrow, I will stand before the congregation, the superintendent will lay hands on me and publicly acknowledge the passing of the mantle. Sunday's coming ......

Just Connie

No comments: