Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day Thoughts

Today is Father's Day.As I have reflected on my own father today I have realized that I am so very grateful for  him. I am grateful for the wonderful stable childhood he gave me. I am grateful for the love and the lessons he gave so freely to me. I am grateful for the wisdom he has shared and the support he has unfailingly given throughout my life.

I also realize that I need to celebrate every day that I have with him. This last year has reminded me that we do not know how much time we are given with those we love. So I am going to work hard to spend as much time as I can with both of my parents. I need to bask in their love, grow and learn through their wisdom and just celebrate the great people they are.That will be a task that will be a joy to carry out.

Just Connie

No comments: