Monday, June 7, 2010

Numbers

I have been slogging through financial figures for the church and I am frustrated. The numbers do not add up. Well that is not entirely true, they add up ... they add up to the wrong numbers! So I have been adding and subtracting and trying to make sense out of the senseless.

I rather like working with numbers most of the time. I ended up working with them much more than I ever expected. I just knew that I would never use what they were teaching me. I was sooooo wrong. I have budgeted and run analyticals and projections and done things with numbers I never could have guessed. One of the nice things about numbers is that they are exact and measurable. Every time you add 2 and 2 you get 4. Numbers are an exact science.  Not so much today.....

But tomorrow I will go at it again and see what I can discover. There is a way through the morass, I just have to find it. There is plenty more slogging to do. Perhaps I should wear my muck boots?

Just Connie

No comments: