Monday, June 28, 2010

VBS - Night 2

Vacation Bible School .... I can remember thinking 12 years ago as I left the pastorate that I had probably worked my last VBS and perhaps that was a good thing. But imagine my surprise when God brought me back to the pastorate and I was suddenly thrust back into it.

This year I am leading the music and the opening and the closing. I am trying to adapt to the way that the Willamina Church does things. I think I am finally beginning to fall into the pattern. They do an incredible job and probably have about 25 adults that are working to bring it all together this year.

It is rather energizing to be with the kids. One little boy ran back after the others had all left and gave me a big hug. It warmed my heart and made the extra hours soooo worth it. It is wonderful to see them all having such a good time.

We have two more nights of Vacation Bible School left. I am just hoping that I can keep up with them, make it fun and share Christ in a meaningful way. I guess that is plenty to prepare for.

Just Connie

No comments: