Friday, June 11, 2010

Unexpected Call

I got a phone call today. It was a  phone call that I knew would come eventually, but one that I admit I had not thought about in months. It completely took me by surprise. The phone rang and I picked it up and the moment that I dreaded was there.

The person calling was Gerrald's mother. My former spouse had never told his family that he left me. He has had no contact with his mom over the past 4 or 5 years. I was forced to tell her that her son was gone and that we were divorced. I really struggled to find words that would be fair and not judgemental as  I shared what had happened in very general terms.

We spoke for a long time and my heart broke for her as she wept for her son. Gerrald has never lacked for people that love him and have tried to help him. It was a another reminder that I am not alone in grieving over his choices.

The phone call has made me a bit introspective today as I have reflected on everything that has happened over the last several years. It has been a time of turmoil and life change. But through it all God's grace and love has seen me through. I know that it will not stop now. His grace continues to to show the way.


"It is good for our hearts to be strengthened by grace" Hebrews 13:9
 
Just Connie

No comments: