Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Unemployment Woes

Dealing with unemployment this past year has been enlightening, discouraging and often frustrating. Today I got a letter from them telling me that I was invited to begin a new employment claim. I was pretty confused since nothing had changed. The only choice they gave was to call a number. So I called and went through a very complicated phone tree and then spent 20 minutes on hold. but at long last I got a real person and together we actually ironed everything out.

The thing that I really find frustrating about dealing with government agencies is that I feel so powerless to really solve anything. The systems that have been set up are so complicated and so hard to use that it is often overwhelming.

I guess that this experience is a good reminder for me that many people find life to be like that..... frustrating and overwhelming. They feel powerless to bring change or good things into their lives. They are overwhelmed by the systems and problems they face. Hopefully this experience will bring new compassion and understanding to me. At least I would like to think that all this frustration is bringing something good.

Just Connie

No comments: