Sunday, June 13, 2010

Sunday Happenings

It has been a very long and full day. It began early as most Sundays do, but I also had potluck dishes to prepare in addition to normal Sunday morning activities. So I cooked and frosted the cake and mixed the last of the salad ingredients together and packed the car up and headed to church.

Once there I set up for Sunday School class and did my normal meet and greet. I so enjoy that time with God's people just enjoying each other and finding out how their lives are going. Sunday School class was really good this morning. There was a lot of participation and really good discussion.

Next was Worship and it was good. The music was outstanding and uplifting. I presented our financial position and invited people to pray about a special gift to retire our debt. People responded well and I am hopeful that we will be able to regain the financial ground we have lost over the last year.

After Worship we had a church potluck. I was blessed to sit with a couple of our young people and I loved being with them. There was good food and great fellowship. I packed up and headed home to get ready for the next event. Which meant I needed to get the cream of broccoli soup finished I had begun for the upcoming pastor's dinner. So I got the soup going and checked my e-mail and spent about an hour relaxing. Then it was time to be off for the next event.

Tonight all the pastor's met together for fellowship and to touch bases. We spent several hours just enjoying each other and talking about upcoming events and the pastoral transition. Then it was time to head home and here I am. tired but happy after a full day.

I am getting excited about the upcoming transition. Everyday as it gets closer it becomes more and more real to me. I think God has wonderful and unexpected things ahead. I need to just keep going.

Just Connie

No comments: