Wednesday, June 30, 2010

VBS - Last Night

Tonight was the last of our Vacation Bible School. I think it went fairly well for the most part. The kids seemed to have a good time and I always enjoy being with them. But I have to admit that I am very tired. It has been a long, long day.

Besides putting in a full days work, then I reported to the church at 4 to prepare for this final session. I got the music all laid out for the day and then headed to meet and greet in the lobby. I love getting the hugs from all the kids as they come in. It warms my heart and makes all the work and the preparation so worth it. After I led the opening, I circulated to all the different groups. I made a cross necklace with one group, painted a ball hat with another and played water games with yet another group. Then I headed back to the sanctuary to prepare for the closing. Before I knew it, the kids were hugging me goodbye and it was time to put the church back together again.

So here I sit enjoying a cool breeze and thinking about bed. Tomorrow I will sleep a bit longer than normal and then head to the church and begin the next project.

Just Connie

No comments: