Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Found Friendship

Friendship is something that is sometimes hard to quantify. You know it when it is there and it is something that adds so much richness to our lives in so many ways. For many years I prayed for a friend. God answered that prayer and I was graced with a friendship that transcended my every expectations. Our families grew together and we shared everything. We laughed and grieved together, helped raise each other's children and continued to knit our hearts together in love. Then in the space of a moment our lives blew up around us and everything changed.

I deeply grieved the loss of that friendship and over the years nothing has eased the pain or the way that I missed her in my life. For 12 years we have had no contact but several weeks ago we had contact through Facebook. It was tentative, polite and careful as we slowly assessed where we were. Tonight she called me and the years melted away, To hear her voice brought tears to my eyes and the ache that had been in my heart so long began to slowly ease.

Tonight I am filled with hope and my heart is overflowing with love as I contemplate what I have gained. The lost has been found and I am so very thankful.

"strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness." Colossians 2:7

Just Connie

No comments: