Friday, June 18, 2010

Home Again

I am at my parents for a few days to visit and be with Dad for Father's Day. I got here in time to enjoy the good weather for a little while. We did some weeding, threw the ball for Hope puppy (endlessly) and fired up the weed eater. It is so good to see Dad doing so well. He mowed the lawn and did all the weed eating. I was very encouraged to see how much better he is doing.

I have been reminded that I am very fortunate to have him here with us. It was just a few months ago that he was fighting for his life in the hospital. He has worked very hard to get where he is today. It makes my heart swell with pride and love to see him succeed and work towards recovery.

This week  my father reached a milestone in his recovery. He was cleared to drive. He has been undergoing all kinds of testing and training to get him there. He did it! He is now legal to drive again. That is a huge  symbol of how far he has come.

I am looking forward to this time with Dad and I am grateful for the opportunity to be here with him. I keep whispering to God, "Thank you, thank you, thank you ..."

Just Connie

No comments: