Sunday, June 6, 2010

Wedding Shower Blues

I went to a wedding shower today. They are a darling young couple and they love each other very much. It was good to be be with everyone but I have to admit to a lingering sadness as I watched them. It was a reminder to me that there is no one who will gaze lovingly into my eyes .... no one to grow old with me .... I am all alone.

I know that there are much worse things than being alone. I have personally lived through some of those "worse things" but still the sadness was there. I do not like being alone, I do not like it at all. I do not think that God wired me for this aloneness. However this is where I am. For this season I am alone.

I do not want to get lost in this aloneness for I believe that God is big enough for what I face. Being alone is not the problem, my feeling of loss and loneliness is the problem.  It is time for me to spend more time with people, time to get out and find a hiking partner. It is time to get moving in every way.

It sounds good .... but it also sounds like hard work. ... We will see how I do in the days ahead.

Just Connie

No comments: